Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Defining Words

I am letting myself be excited about the next step in my life.  One of the aspects of NNU www.nnu.edu that inspires me is their philosophy.  I think it is a necessity for organizations/institutions to be intentional about the words they use to define themselves.  Here are the words that define NNU:

Christlike Character: To demonstrate ethical behavior, love others, respect others, and represent Christ to the world.

Academic Excellence: To demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the liberal arts, expertise in a major field of study, and professional growth.

Creative Engagement: To apply natural gifts and gained knowledge to respond creatively to life: producing original works of art and inspired solutions to problems – in the home, workplace, church, and greater community.

Social Responsiveness: To be faithful stewards of knowledge, skills, and resources, encouraging social justice and God’s mercy.

I love the idea of Creative Engagement.  One of the aspects I most appreciate about our church home in DC www.theaterchurch.com is the redemption of creativity.  Other churches, such as Mosaic in Los Angeles, are also emphasizing creativity in the lives of their people.  Our pastor, Mark Batterson, writes and talks about criticizing by creating.  What a positive way to solve problems. I want to be on the creative bandwagon, and I want to be involved in revolutionizing this world through words – words inspired by the Word!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home