Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Accepted!

Accepted!  Yesterday, I received notice from Northwest Nazarene University that I have been accepted to their Counseling program!  This is the culmination of four of planning and preparation.  One of the amazing things about yesterday’s notice is that NNU doesn’t begin their application interviews until early March!  

Emily and I have been overwhelmed at how accommodating the counseling program has been.  I interviewed them in November and fell in love with the professors and the culture of the program.  After that, I sent in all of the application materials and asked them when they might be able to give me a decision.  Because NNU has a competitive program and an extremely in-depth  admissions process, they explained that I probably wouldn’t know until the middle of March or later.  

I explained to them that Emily and I were confident enough about this next step in our lives that we had already given notice to Emily’s job and I didn’t take any more classes at the graduate school I had been going to.  Basically, we felt that God had guided us to the decision to move back to Idaho and it was our role to follow his lead.  Couldn’t they let us know a bit earlier?  Or, would we have to just wait?

To make this story shorter, the first admissions committee decided to let me do a phone interview about two weeks ago. Even so, they said I wouldn’t know their final decision until mid-March (their admissions committee doesn’t meet in February).  

Last week, about the time that Emily and I felt peace that everything was going to work out, I found out from the counseling program’s secretary that they had called a special meeting for the admissions committee to make a final decision!  Yesterday, on President’s Day, I received official notice welcoming me to the program.

It certainly feels good to be accepted, but the truth is that I was so sure that I was supposed to be at NNU that I had already come up with a plan to petition in case of rejection.  I was going to prove to them that I am supposed to be there.  Looks like I won’t have to, now!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home