Thursday, February 16, 2006

"Good morning, lad"

“Good morning, lad! That’s a happy face your wearin’!”

This is how I was greeted as I sat down in the Quiet Car of a Philadelphia-bound Acela Amtrak train. The encounter was pleasant and inspired me to wear a smile more often, for the sake of others if not for myself.

I’m now traveling well above the speed limit for automobiles and the weekend’s snowfall has created a white blanket for the blurring landscape.

Today is my first “real” train ride. Sure, I’ve been transported by D.C.’s, NY’s, LA’s, Chicago’s, and London’s train systems, but there is something different about traveling above ground for over 100 miles. I feel like a little kid today, and even though I’m traveling for work, this feels like an adventure. I’m learning a lot of new things, doing something I’ve never done before, and seeing Philadelphia for the first time. I’m really enjoying life and feel overwhelmed by gratitude to God.

Plus, it’s sunny today and if anyone was every solar-powered, it’s me. I am a sun-worshipper as well as a Son-worshipper! I love light, especially natural light. And I love blue skies. I made sure to find a window seat, and not just a window seat, but a seat with a full window. The first seat I sat down in only had half a window’s view, so I made the move and I’m loving it. Wow!

I really love traveling and moving around. It’s in my blood. I love adventures. I love learning new things and meeting new people, like the Irish (?) guy with a cane who called me “lad” and now sits across from me.

Glory! That’s what my friend Zaden from bible college would say when he was overwhelmed by God’s goodness. And I’ll echo that! Glory! Glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home