Saturday, July 01, 2006

Send/Receive

I’m an Outlook junkie – I admit it.  Yes, I’m one of those guys who can’t wait for the automatic-check-for-mail feature.  I constantly hit send/receive just in case someone wrote me during the 12 seconds since I last checked.

So I’m doing my Outlook thing today and registering for my Fall classes on the side, if you can call that much $ per credit “on the side”.  New housing costs, a trip to Turkey, and just day-to-day expenses have put a bit of a crunch on the old pocket book and I was beginning to wonder where we would come up with some extra dinero.

As I finished up my registration and attached it to an email, I simultaneously brainstormed ideas for extra money (legal extra money) and thought about what country Emily and I are going to visit next year.  Such ideas are not necessarily friends, and were in fact competing for brain space.

Truth be told, the more stressful of the two ideas was winning out and I began to do that little internal sweat thing that happens when I am moving toward inward anguish (even if to observers I look like I just took a sedative).  

The registration is now finished, attached, and the email is written to the appropriate contact at the school.  I am thinking about how much money we don’t have and I push Send.

Now, one of my favorite sights each day  is seeing my Outlook Send/Receive Progress box with the message “Receiving 1 of 1” or “Receiving 4 of 4” and watching my Inbox label change from normal to bold text.

Well, as my registration is being sent, I am also receiving a message.  I hurry and click on the inbox and see a note from a company for which I do a bit of work.  The note was actually an invitation to work from home on a special project and make money.  Pretty amazing, and I don’t believe in coincidences, so decide what you will about the timing.

Love it!

And I know that I switched tenses several times and I would like to say it was intentional and creative and significant, but I really just tired of the past and decided to go present.  Hmmm…Go present.  I like that.  Go present.  (Present with the “s” sound not the “z” :).

2 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

I'm a blog junkie....fully admitting it. I read blogs far too many times in the day to keep track of. I feel your pain on the addiction. I really do.

1:47 AM  
Blogger J.J. Seid said...

As Jewish Rabbis have been known to say (or so I'm told), "Coincidence isn't a kosher word."

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home